Sunday, November 07, 2004

1/2 Marathon

"Sunday, January 9, 2005 8:30 AM Entire Marathon Field Start Based on feedback from the inaugural event, we made some changes that we think you're really going to like. The 2005 race will feature a more scenic (but still just as flat) Marathon, and a FLATTER and FASTER Marathon."

Yep, I'm gonna run this 13.1 miles race in January. I have never been a long distance runner. I wasn't even a short distance runner, but I started walking to get into better shape which lead to jogging after a year and a half of walking (mostly on a treadmill). Now I can actually run. Doing these races helps keep me motivated. This 1/2 marathon distance is a big stretch for me. Until last month, I had never raced more than a 10k. I did a section of a marathon replay. I did a section just over 7 miles. That went well and was fun. I ran that in an hour and some seconds. I think it was 1:00:48. I was trying for 1:05 so I did just fine. If had paid closer attention to my pace the last 3 miles, I could have run a minute faster overall. NEXT time!