Saturday, December 17, 2005

140 Icy Laps Later

Since my last post I've run around and around AND around in circles at the Pettit U.S. Olympic Training Facility.

Pettit is known for being one of the top speed skating facilities in the world. recently, I have taken advantage of the $3 rental of the 450 meter running track that wraps around the outside of the speed skating rink.

Last Sunday I ran for 3 hours and 7 minutes. Today (Saturday) I ran for 3 hours and 8 minutes. I took a few walk breaks. Maybe 10 minutes in total each day. I likely ran 38 miles total in the two session. I can't say either workout was simply easy, but I did fine. No major issues.

Today was certainly easier than last week.

I snapped a picture with my trusty Treo. I'm on the running track right after I got done. (That is ice next to me.)

I have now COMPLETED all of my long runs prior to the Disney World Marathon. I've completed 8 runs of 18+ miles each.

The final home stretch 3-weeks still has plenty of running, but my longest will be 8 miles. I'll keep you posted on how it's all coming together.

I believe I see a mouse!