Friday, May 19, 2006

Not Too Spicy

I ran on the streets of Hyderabad this morning before it got too hot, too busy and too spicy in my tummy with Indian food.

I was out just before 7 AM which is 9 1/2 hours ahead of Chicago time. My Garmin forerunner 201 GPS running watch sync'd up nicely which it had a hard time doing in the other cities I've recently visited with tall buildings. Hyderabad doesn't have giant skyscrapers.

Instead of playing it boring and safe on a treadmill in A/C at the hotel, I was out on the streets of "Cyberabad" to seeing what things look like in the morning. Always an interesting way to see a city.

Lots of little mini-Taxis the locals call auto-rickshaws. They're 3-wheeler mini-bike taxis. Saw only two cows. A couple of cats with longer legs than I would see in the US. Lots of yellow buses, cars, bikes. NO one else out for a run! Lots of people looked at me like I was a bit crazy...or maybe just dressed funny. Maybe I had my shorts on backwards...I did that once in a race by mistake.

It was hot! I ran 3 1/2 miles in about 30 minutes in the early morning 90F weather. Temp is headed to 100+ today!

My final stretch back to my hotel was up this long hill off the main road. What a great way to start the day. Worked up a good sweat...well that happened when I first walked outside ;)