Thursday, June 30, 2005

New Runner Tune

As I've mentioned in past postings, I've been jogging (or even running) for the past few years. Maybe it's 4 years now. Well whatever the case, I'm planning to run my first marathon in the next 6 months or so. I was thinking about that today which got me to thinking about a song called Runner that I've been working on, on and off. It's a song about pacing yourself. Have a long-term time horizon view on life. It's also a song that I think about in my head when I'm doing a 7 mile or longer run.

Anyway, I haven't really worked on this song in some months so I called up the tracks in Sonar 4 and started messing with the mix. I've upload this mix of Runner. It doesn't have any vocals in the mix yet, but I like how much of it is coming together. There are still some goofy things in the mix, but I welcome your comments.

By the way, Wally is playing the keyboard, piano, organ parts on this song!