Haven't been getting any songwriting done lately. Wasn't really in the mood. Been busy working instead of playing. I'll be regrouping my brain and motivation soon so that I can make this first work of art available to the world. I have 12 songs written and recorded.
I did get motivated to upgrade some of my equipment. I love recording equipment. Sometimes I like the equipment more than the music. Here's what's up:
I ordered a Studio Projects C1 mic off of ebay a month ago for using in my home studio (my computer, a chair and a desk). The Studio Projects C1 is a large diaphragm, fixed-cardioid condenser microphone employing a 1.06” (27mm) capsule, high quality, low noise amplifier and balanced, transformerless output circuitry. It features switchable -10dB pad and 6dB@150Hz high pass filter for added control in various recording applications and a clear, full response expected from a large capsule microphone design. I had used a C1 while singing some vocal parts at The Laboratory
So a new toy with a C1, but I also wanted to upgrade the things I plug the mic into. So after a bunch of reading up on mic pre amps, I decided I'd look on eBay for a Manley VoxBox. Not the most common type of things for eBay, but low and behold there was one and it was available with a Buy It Now. So after some waiting for USPS snail delivery, I'm now the proud owner of a VoxBox. Read the manual. It's cool! ...and full of real tubes.
I have this Hammerfall DSP Multiface as my a/d input into my computer, but it's not working right now. Getting a communication error and the red light is on. I did something to it some months ago when I hooked up the ADAT I bought on ebay. I got that to work through the SPDIF/ADAT input, but I know I change some setting to do that. I messed up something. So here I am with this nice new setup of a C1 and the VoxBox and I'm having to run that into my Tascam US-122 interface to get any sound into my computer. Not optimal, but it at least works.
Next up is a Mackie Big Knob. I need to check up on where the heck my order is.
Back to working on the interface issues.