Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fourteen Saturday

When I setup the Goofy Plan in early July, I had a simple concept of running 14 miles every Saturday for the second half of 2006. It was very easy to type 14 miles into a spreadsheet...a little harder to execute the plan!

Well, today is Saturday so it's a...14 mile day.

This morning the temp was about 75F with humidity of 91% when I set off for my run at 8 AM. The first 7.1 miles were at a 9:25 min/mi pace. I drank 16 oz of orange Gatorade. Couldn't get the pace faster because of the humidity. Very interesting how much harder it is to breath when the humidity is high. The running felt good even though a bit slow.

Saw some people walking dogs, but only a few runners. I told myself they were only running 3 miles in total. :)

The sun didn't break through the clouds during the whole run. But I got hotter as the miles rolled by. Shirt came off at 7.5 miles. It was soaking wet. Hat and shorts were soaking wet. I kept them on. I couldn't sustain the same pace. Slowed to a 9:49 min/mile pace for the last 7.1 miles. Finished in 2 hours and 17 minutes.

For the month I'm now at 105 miles. My second 100+ mile month in a row. Goofy plan calls for 14 miles again tomorrow!