- Minimum of 45 minutes
- Warm up – easy running for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Steady, hard speed for 1.5-2 km ; like a long repetition.
- Rapid walking for about 5 minutes – recovery.
- Easy running interspersed with sprints of about 50 – 60 m, repeated until a little tired. – Start of speed work.
- Easy running with three or four "quick steps" now and then (simulating suddenly speeding up to avoid being overtaken by another runner).
- Full speed up hill for 175 – 200 m.
- Immediately, fast pace for 1 minute.
- The whole routine is then repeated until the total time prescribed on the training schedule has elapsed.
I'm going to keep working on it.