Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday Slow Run

Met up with guys (Bill, Larry, Jeff) from work for a 6 AM long run this morning.

I hadn't been on a long run in 3-weeks because of traveling and lack of motivation afterwards. My miles have slipped the last three weeks. I could sure feel it today after running these 11 miles at a 9:22 minute/mile pace. My fitness conditioning has dropped off. My legs are tired. The last few miles on pavement were difficult on my legs. I've got to get my miles back up and continue to maintain that. We completed the 11 miles in 1:43:09. It was a slow enough pace that we could talk.

Note to self: It's now dark in the morning when I get up. I don't want to run on the highway in the dark. I need to come up with another option for my runs during the week. ...and the snow will be blowing before we know it. Well we will know it!

I worked in my iRun podcast near the end of our long run.