Sunday, October 09, 2005

Back in Black

With the Treo back in hand, the iRun podcast is on the air and net.

I didn't know how I'd feel today after running 18.6 miles. I decided last night that I would play it by ear.

I woke up pretty rested and my legs didn't feel like had done anything too bad. Certainly no injuries or blisters. I think part of this comes from fueling well prior to running, during running and after running yesterday. Also good feet prep prior to the run. I suppose a bit of it goes to enough running leading up to this. ha!

Today's run started around 1:30 PM. Temps felt like lower 50s with a healthy breeze.

I started off with a slow pace to get my legs moving and make sure running today was a good idea. I don't want to over do it. I've been extremely careful in overuse the past many years. Iknow I've got to use it to not loose it, but overuse causes many of the injuries that runners get. The pace was slower the first half mile. About a 9:40 minute/mile.

I felt good! So I kicked it up a bit. I cruised along at about an 8:20 min/mi pace. I stayed with this miles. The finally 1/2 mile was about 7:15 pace. I finished the 6.9 miles in 56:36.

It was a nice run to do after a long run the day before. I'm making progress.