Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Goofy Twelve

My super duper Goofy Plan called for 12 miles today. I heard thunder and a down pour of rain 15 minutes prior to my pre-plan afterwork start time. Checked the radar and decided it was going to pass so the run was on!

Temp was in the lower 70s, but slightly humid since it had just rained.

Ran with Bill for the first 2 1/2 miles then continued on without him. Lots of wet spots on the trail, but kept my feet dry.

6 miles appeared on my GPS just after the new Taco Bell (it's not open yet). I ran another 1/10 of a mile for good health before turning around for my return run.

I did 30 second walk breaks every 5 1/2 minutes. Since I'm racking up some higher mileage, I think this extra precaution is a good idea. Though I was tired of running by mile 12, I was still in good shape. Was able to maintain a 9:09/mi pace to finish the 12.2 miles in 1:51:55.

I saw no other runners, just a few people walking dogs during the few hours I was out.