Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday Morning (in the Park)

What a nice sunny Saturday morning!

Slept in a little bit later today and then did a new (to me) bike path/trail run. The path started off paved rolling along a cornfield and then into the trees. A very large bridge across the Fox River (see crazy picture) and then continued winding across some roads and through the trees with some rolling hills. Very nice.

Got in 6.5 miles in 1:14:36. Trying to run 90 seconds slower than my marathon pace. Since I don't really know what my marathon pace will be, I'm trying to do runs at all different speeds to see how they feel. Seems like it uses the muscles differently. This was about an 11:25 pace (because of some walk breaks). Last sunday's 15 miles was around a 9:30 pace. You can see I'm mixin' it up!

As I always try to do, the iRun Podcast was broadcasting live from my run.