Friday, July 08, 2005

Give me Asics!

Ah another run! The heat of the moment in the morning sun. A Friday morning run makes it 24 miles in 7 days. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Here I am at roughly the same spot (as always) with my trusty Treo 650 at 11 AM in 79 degree temps. I'm at just about four miles into my run. This is not easy for me. Some of it is just mind over body. My legs are tired of this running thing, but I know that since my legs aren't injured that this is part of the build up for better stamina.

I wore my Nike running shoes today. I don't like them as much as my Asics. The Nikes, even though they look cool, make my little toe on my left foot hurt. I know the shoes are sized right, but there's something about the shape of the shoe that makes my little pinky toe slide around. I think I'll retired these to treadmill use and use my Asics for the road.

Today I was at 1:03:50 for the 7 miles.